Friday, August 26, 2005

Why, oh why, would I start a blog? Have I truly gone nuts?

Hmmm. Let's see.

Papers to write. A thesis to plan. A defense to prepare.

And I'm starting a BLOG?

I must be nuts. Or, perhaps, I've finally found some sanity.

You see, I used to journal. I wrote all the time, and it took me through a relatively functional childhood to a relatively functional adolescence, to a relatively functional undergrad. But, I stopped shortly after I started grad school.

And functionality has left the building.

As much as I love my work, I think I'm closer to sane when I write non-science. Sitting in front of the evil computer all day drains the brain, and the idea of picking up a pen makes me want to curl up under my desk. So, I'm running with the assumption that you, fellow grad, are out there feeling the same way.

I've taken on some crazy schtuff for the next 6 months, on top of that l'il ol' thesis. Hopefully this process will help me keep it all in perspective.

But, that remains to be seen.....

No comments: