Friday, November 03, 2006

Extensions, anyone?

Hub has received reprieve. Turns out his external can't travel here in December, but January looks good.

This means. . . We won't have to spend every waking moment of this, our wedding anniversary weekend, editing text, formatting figures, printing out lit citations.

Yay!


We even have the dreaded top cake layer, that was frozen solid the morning after. Our five-tier monstrosity had two kinds of layers - chocolate marble pound cake with grand marnier buttercream, and lemon raspberry pound cake with raspberry buttercream. It's defrosting in my fridge right now, and I'll save you from seeing the sad state those ladybugs are in after a year at sub-zero, and show you how it looked, fresh and sparkly, at our reception.

The ladybugs were my surprise for everyone - my entire family knows I'm a collector, but the wedding color was navy (with gold/yellow/orange accents in my girls' flowers). I don't think anyone expected me - the perfectionist - to include ladybugs at a metropolitan evening wedding, or cocktail and hors d'oeuvres reception. I decided in secret to put my little buggies on the cake, and even on the placecards (which were a STEAL, a last-minute purchase that I never thought I'd find, and cost <10$ for 200)

Adorable, non?

I'll see if I can dig up some more good pics later . . . It's things like this that make grad school worthwhile.

(All images copyright E. Boudreau)

No comments: