Friday, February 02, 2007

A little reprieve for me.

So, because of all that nastiness that's happened in the past couple of months, I was in a really awkward position with my thesis work. I'd applied to graduate, but was unable to make the deadlines set out by the faculty.

Now, this is a bit of a crisis. I want to graduate with my husband - we met in grad school, married in grad school, and have seen each other through this whole benchwork/thesis/breakdown business. Plus, I've pretty much lost six weeks of productivity for medical reasons, which was completely out of my control; I'd be on track if it wasn't for that. So, I went to the dean.

Long story short - I got the three week extension I was looking for.

The only caveat is that this whole thing is dependent on all my commmittee members being available for a defense to be scheduled within a very narrow window. That's the only thing that could prevent me from graduating in May.

If, Heaven forbid, something like that happens, I'll keep on trucking, and defend ASAP. I may not graduate right away, but I'll be finished. Finished, and able to relax for at least a couple of weeks before looking for work, and before moving permanently to our new apartment.

(you see, Hubby is moving in two weeks, but I'm coming back here to finish my thesis. I know I won't be able to concentrate in a new, exciting city).

Game On!

No comments: