Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Comments from the boss

Instant heart attack = my draft, red-penned, in my mailbox this morning.

Oh.
My.
God.

Instant heart attack relief = the first comment I read began with, "I think this is quite good..." and it wasn't followed up by a "... but you need to change the whole thing".

YAY for me! Now, I just have to worry about the 20 minute talk.

I've decided that I'm going to write the presentation on my fiancé's laptop. You see, if I haven't explained it before, we have a rift in our household.

He's a PC person, I'm a Mac person. I know; the marriage is doomed.

I've been writing this whole time on a PC, and made a few presentation slides last night on the PC, and it wasn't too bad. Since it's still more comfortable to write from home, I'd like to do the presentation there too. The good news is that it's much easier to take Mac figures and files and transfer them over to a PC than the other way around.

(that's because Macs are more user-friendly, and just better, IMHO)

So, off I go this afternoon to continue on this talk. If I'm feeling brave, I might even read through the comments and implement them, instead of freaking and waiting until Saturday night.

Oh, and I think I'll bake a cheesecake for tonight's procrastination event. If it looks good, I might even post a photo ;-)


No comments: