Friday, September 09, 2005

Crisis abounds.

In the process of solidifying a date for this exam, it all went to pot.

And, I have no real reason to be upset about it.

One of my committee members is on sabbatical this year, so technically he is excused from all teaching and committee responsibilities. But, he'd agreed to do this exam anyway, because he was supposed to be in town. The problem is, he's now scheduled to fly out the evening of the exam, and that's not the least of it. He's just gone through a terrible family tragedy, and really needs to get away. Now that I know everything, I don't want to put even five minutes of work onto his already overloaded plate, and I am praying for him and his family.

But, that leaves me one committee member short. And, that doesn't count the one that's MIA, who was supposed to arrive back in town a week ago but is nowhere to be found.

My idea for a replacement would be perfect, but he's also overcommitted himself this fall. He'd do it in a heartbeat if it was just questioning me for an hour, but he doesn't know if he has the time to critically evaluate a 20 page report, considering most of my department is going to a conference from the 15th to the 19th of September (and would have to spend all their time upon arrival home on my report and exam).

So, it's entirely possible that this thing could fall through the tubes... and get pushed back until December... which I'm not sure will be useful. I can't even let my brain consider that possibility or I'll probably shut down completely.

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war!

I now have 6 2/3 single-spaced pages now, or 13 1/3 double-spaced. No figures, no headings, no TOC. Severe editing required on the first 2 pages or so.

So much for getting clean laundry this weekend. Boo.

No comments: