Sunday, September 25, 2005

Crash

I went out to dinner on Friday night to celebrate, and nearly fell asleep in my fettucine. The strange thing was, I woke up on Saturday morning at 6:45 anyway (I did go back to bed, of course). Yesterday was spent shopping, spending some of the money from the wedding shower, and getting a suit and another outfit that should do for any interviews as well as the PhD defense (which I'm trying not to think about).

This morning, I slept in again, and then gathered up fiancé to go to the market. I noticed the blue sky and green trees and crisp wind for the first time in weeks. I realized I'd been completely ignoring everything else around me, and that really makes me sad.

Time is passing, and it's passing quickly. It's only 41 days until the wedding and I need to stop and pay attention.

No comments: